Local 46 Election Information
ELECTION OF 40TH UA CONVENTION DELEGATES
Check the January 2021 Tradewind for more information. To nominate candidates beginning January 4, 2021 please click here.
2020 ELECTION OF OFFICERS
Please login to the Member Area to view unofficial Election Results, the Election Summary and Ballot Tallies.
- Login to the member area to view the list of candidates for the upcoming Election
- To make an appointment to review the Eligibility list, please e-mail Erin at firstname.lastname@example.org. Local 46 Facilities are open by appointment only. Please review the UA Local 46 COVID-19 Policy.
- Candidate Campaign material must be submitted to email@example.com by no later than Tuesday September 1, 2020 for committee review and approval.
- Candidates must make arrangements to have approved material delivered to Harrison Mailing Ltd. at the following address:
- Harrison Mailing Ltd.
817 Brock Rd #1
Pickering, ON L1W 3L9
- Harrison Mailing Ltd.
- Candidates must ensure their approved material is delivered to Harrison Mailing in time for processing and mailing on Wednesday September 9, 2020 only. Only Candidate Campaign material that has been approved by the election committee will be mailed.
Important Election Information
- The 2020-2023 Local 46 election will be conducted via mail ballot
- Ballots will be mailed Tuesday September 15, 2020—this is deemed to be the date of the Election. Ballots must be returned to the PO Box by no later than 8:00 am on Friday October 16, 2020.
- In the event of a tie vote for any office, the winner will be decided in a runoff election conducted by mail ballot. Runoff ballots will be mailed November 2, 2020 and must be returned by no later than December 4, 2020.
- Due to the increased Canada Post delivery times due to COVID-19, members are strongly encouraged to check this page for up-to-date information regarding nominations and the election
- There were 3 methods to nominate yourself or another member: online, by e-mail or by mail. You must have the UA Card Number of any member you are nominating. Nominations began online at 6:00 am on Monday August 17, 2020 and closed Monday August 24, 2020 at 6:00 pm.
- The Nomination Information meeting was held virtually on Friday August 21, 2020 at 6:00 pm.
- The Candidates Information meeting was held virtually on Tuesday August 25, 2020 at 7:00 pm.
- The deadline for candidates to submit a 100 word bio and photo for inclusion in the September Election Edition of the Tradewind was 11:59 pm on Tuesday August 25, 2020
- Scrutineer Registration Forms were available to be submitted up until September 1, 2020